Dress for Success Toronto
Dress for Success Toronto® is part of a global movement for change. They are a local affiliate of an international not-for-profit organization operating in over 154 cities in 30 countries. Since 2009, they have helped over 10,000 women in the GTA transition from unemployment to economic independence. They work together with agency partners, corporate sponsors, individual donors, and over 300 dedicated volunteers to create real impact in women’s lives.
Dress for Success Toronto is operated by The Live to Give Relief Organization, Canadian Registered Charity No. 889786216RR0001. Visit http://toronto.dressforsuccess.org for more information.
The mission of Dress for Success Toronto® is to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
Suiting Program The Suiting Program is about more than clothing. It’s a transformational experience that builds confidence and self-esteem, enabling a woman to secure meaningful employment. Dress for Success Toronto serves women by referral only through a wide range of agency partners across the city. Each client is paired one-on-one with a volunteer clothing stylist who provides advice, guidance, and recommendations during a personal 90 minute appointment. She is provided with two professional outfits for when she has a job interview. When she successfully lands the job, she can return for a second appointment to receive additional business-appropriate clothing to help her build a professional wardrobe.
Career Services Program The Career Services Program provides tools and resources to build professional skills and accelerate the job search process.
Professional Women’s Group The Professional Women’s Group (PWG) is a monthly forum of support to encourage, educate and inspire our newly employed clients as they transition into the workplace, often for the first time. Each regularly scheduled PWG meeting consists of two key elements: an expert speaker leading a discussion and a networking period. Membership is open to Dress for Success Toronto clients who have successfully gained employment.
Who Dress for Success Toronto Serves
- Women from all ethnicities and races
- Women aged 18 to 60 years old, with the majority aged 18 to 35 years old
- Women living in poverty
- Single mothers, raising an average of 2 to 3 children
- Women with all levels of education; more than 80% of our women have post-secondary education
- Women who are newcomers to Canada with 47% having lived in Canada for less than 5 years
- Dress for Success Toronto serves 1,300 local women every year.
- In 2017, Dress for Success Toronto provided over 50,000 pieces of professional clothing and accessories.
- 35% of clients find work in less than a year of participating in our programs.
- 70% of the women in the Professional Women’s Group are still employed one year after becoming members.